- Diego Costa: Nobody really could have predicted just how good a signing Diego Costa would be and those who criticised the Spanish international after a poor World Cup must be hiding under the duvet. Costa was named the Barclay’s Premier League Player of the Month for August with 4 goals in 3 games, earning praise from the biggest names in world football. It has been a truly outstanding start to life in the Premier League for Diego Costa.
- Angel Di Maria: The 26-year-old Argentine has been a revelation at Manchester United. In five games he has totalled 3 goals and 3 assists, keeping manager Louis van Gaal and Fantasy Football managers alike happy. The pacey winger has shown moments of genuine quality on the ball, with deft touches, flicks and incisive passing. Di Maria has brought back real excitement to the Theatre of Dreams.
- Cesc Fabregas: The ex-Arsenal man, deemed surplus to requirements at Barcelona, has fit in seamlessly to Jose Mourinho’s squad. The Catalan born midfielder has picked up seven assists with only seven games of the season gone. It’s as many as any Chelsea player managed in the entire of season last year.
- Daley Blind: While not as glamourous a signing as Angel Di Maria or Radamel Falcao, the World Cup runner-up is the type of player Manchester United have been dearly in need off. Cool, calm and collected on the ball with phenomenal spatial awareness, the current Eredivise player of the season has been United’s anchor in midfield and a platform to base their attacks off. At £13.8 million, Blind may be United’s best value for money signing.
- Diafra Sakho: The Senegalese born striker was snapped up by Sam Allardyce from second division French side, Metz. The striker has five goals in as many games for the Hammers, after finding the back of the net in his last outing against QPR. Sakho was signed for an undisclosed fee, but Big Sam stated Sakho has been an “absolutely outstanding bit of business for us at West Ham.”
By Ross Cannon