By Anastasia Burton
Fashion and Lifestyle Editor
Food is love; food is life. Being a student during a pandemic is costly and hungry. From watching yummy Tiktok cooking challenges to gawking at JustEat, only two clicks away. We know damn well that takeaway is a hit or miss and a large blow to your wallet if done often so why not check out a few healthy and easy recipes you can follow that won’t break the bank?
Sounds too good to be true right? I mean if you can boil an egg, you’ll be fine. Starting off strong with homemade tacos, delicious and amazing and cheap!
250g of shredded cheese
2 red onions
1 red pepper
1 pack of Doritos (Cheesy or hot)
Taco shells/ wraps
- Heat the pan and wait till it’s hot before emptying the mince inside.
- You can use any oil you like to fry the mince in
- Brown the mince in the pan (you can add sauce during this step if you like)
- Chop the vegetables and add to the mince.
- Add cheese as you like.
- Once the cheese is nice and stringy and the mince is a nice colour you can start plating.
- Crush up Doritos and add either inside the mince or add full chips inside the taco either underneath or on top of the mince.
- Voila! Enjoy
Total cost of meal: 15.80 Servings: 8
4 digestive biscuits/ rich tea biscuits
100g cream cheese
100ml double cream
Strawberries (Or other fruits)
- Crush up the biscuits into crumbs.
- Whisk the sugar with cream cheese and a drop or two of vanilla extract.
- Once the mixture is nice and fluffy empty the contents into glasses.
- Add cut up strawberries on top of the mixture.
- Create two layers of the same pattern, mixture, fruit, mixture fruit.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Total cost: 6-euro Servings: 4 .
I hope you try these out and have a lovely meal that is not only cheap, but also delicious. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures and post online because everyone knows you haven’t really had a meal until you’ve taken a picture of it!